A quick note from the expertise that is a Paul Bradshaw lecture. There are certain pieces that work especially well in audio online:
1. DEBATE – record an event where some kind of debate is taking place. Audio suits conflict.
2. BANTER – oh, yes. Audio is perfect for this. Get a straight “man” and a funny “man” and you’re good to go. Set up and scores, Q&As – anything that relies on joking and interaction.
3. INTERVIEWS – this one goes without saying.
4. MONOLOGUE – reflection can also work well on Audio. This can work well with micropodcasting on services like Audioboo.
5. POTPOURRI – this is Paul’s term for any audio piece with a mix of items. See commerical podcasts which have around a minute of adverts like Jeff Jarvis’ Buzzmachine. It is more like a radio talk show.